Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nine Years Ago Today


I married Jeremy. I grew up in Kansas and lived there until I got married. My first cousin, Ryan, was also born in KS, but had live in Ohio for a couple of years. Then he moved back to Kansas. While he was living in Ohio he became very good friends with Joel (Jeremy’s brother) and because of Joel he also became good friends with Jeremy. When I was 18 (the spring of ’97) Jeremy came to visit Ryan in Kansas. That’s when I first met him. The truth is I was smitten from the first time I met him. We started dating in August of ’97. Long distance relationships are good for getting to know someone. We would spend hours on the phone. And hours on the phone = talking about things that would probably be left unsaid otherwise. He proposed in November of ’98, and we were married in March of ’99.
Marriage is not always a bed of roses, but I am so glad that we choose this path. I love living with my best friend. There is no one on this earth that knows me and understands me the way he does. The person who can make you the most frustrated can also make you the happiest. When I first started this blog Jeremy read my profile. It said that I had been married to the love of my life for almost nine years (now the almost is missing). He chuckled about the term “love of my life” and said that I need to be honest. I asked if he knew of any other loves in my life. No, he didn’t. So, that just leaves Jeremy, “the love of my life”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary and many more! How wonderful....

Col

Anonymous said...

Hope your day was wonderful!! With the video clip from Viet Nam I'm sure it was 'better'! You'll be getting that long awaited ann. gift soon:)
Mom

Charity said...

Congratulations on 9 years of marriage - does it go by fast or what?? We will celebrate our 11th coming up in July, and it sure doesn't seem like it's been that long. I remember looking at people who'd been married more than 5 years, and they just seemed so old to me!

Well, here's hoping/praying that the next nine years are even better than the first nine. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michelle and Jeremy!!!
Hope you had a VERY happy anniversary!!