Thursday, March 13, 2008

How to Make a Tar Monster

My four year old son told me in great detail today how to make a tar monster. The conversation started out on a completely different topic. But for any of you who have ever carried on a conversation with a four year old boy you know it goes something like a dream. You can be in one place one second and the next second you are in a completely different place. It's so hard to keep up sometimes that I end up just nodding and mumbling "um-hum". I have to be a little bit careful though or I end up agreeing to things that are not acceptable.
Like:
Shane- "I'll just finish off this one pound bag of candy."
Me- "Ya"
Shane- "I'm not eating any vegetables ever again."
Me- "Sure"
Shane- "I'm gonna spread a layer of mud all over the porch."
Me- "um-hum" "What?!"
Very dangerous territory. Anyhow I was going to share with you how to make a tar monster. This particular conversation started out with how to play a new game Shane had made up. I unfortunately forget the name of the game, and asking Shane about it would only get me blank stares and a long "whaaat??". Because even though it is in depth at the time it vanishes quickly. For this game he was telling me about we needed dirt, sand, water, and grass. I was paying enough attention this morning to ask, "and then what do you do with the dirt, sand, water and grass?" His response was to start adding items needed in order to play the game. We would also need wood, glass, (not sharp glass. I asked) leaves, glue, rope, play dough, one eye ball. Now he had my attention. "What do you need an eyeball for, it's a game?" His answer "Just one eye ball. Not two" See he doesn't listen to me either. So you mix everything together and put the eyeball on top then pour tar over all of it and that makes a tar monster. And that's it he was done ready to go on with something else. I was left to wonder what other weird things are buzzing through his head everyday. It is starting to make so much sense why we women don't understand men!

1 comment:

J said...

Hey Michelle,
I would love access to your adoption blog.
My e-mail address is:
janiep1979@hotmaildotcom

Thanks!!
-Janie
Mom to Iyla
(Dragonfly chronicles)