Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Favorite Day of the Week

Sunday's are my favorite. First I get to sleep in. Second we go to church. Third we get the entire day free of work. And fourth at 8:00 Sunday evening the US Consulate in HCMC begins their work day which means I can start watching my e-mail for an acknowledgement from USCIS.
Fridays used to be my favorite day of the week. Now they mean two days of no possibility of an e-mail from Vietnam.

This past Tuesday Jeremy left for a Paver Convention in Tennessee. He got back home late last night. I didn't used to like it very well when he was gone for several days. Anymore I don't really mind so much. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband. I just enjoy evenings that I don't feel a need to fix a meal. The kids are very lite eaters. In fact Shane can go several meals and only eat 2-4 bites at each meal. They personify the "eating like a bird" phrase. Amazingly though, if I put something like waffles dripping with syrup in front of Shane, he can eat more than me! So while Jeremy was gone we had leftovers one night, yogurt and popcorn another (I only ate the popcorn since I don't like yogurt), and ate Chinese another. No meals fixed! Well, except for breakfast and lunch which I don't really go to a lot of bother for anyhow.
Another thing I like is the fact that the kids don't judge how clean the house is. Jeremy doesn't judge either, but I always feel a responsibility to try and have it picked up a little before he comes home. This of course doesn't happen every night, but I try. This week I was busy with bean bags and didn't clean until Saturday. And guess what, nobody cared!

BTW Jeremy says that as for describing the kids I can declare that they personify "drive dad crazy" too. After five days without their favorite person in the whole wide world (now you know how I rate) they CANNOT stay off of him. Poor Jeremy, so much for the Sunday afternoon nap. I actually almost took the favorite person in the whole wide world title from him this past week. He wasn't here so as runner-up I almost had a chance, and then he shows back up and guess were I am. Slightly above chopped liver again. Shane would not even let me help him with his snap this morning. He actually manually held his pants up the whole time Jeremy was in the shower, because he preferred Jeremy to me for help in the pants-snapping department.

No comments: