Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First Post

4 going on 5. We are 4. Jeremy, Michelle, Rae Lynn and Shane. We will be 5. All the aforementioned plus Alexia. I have a blog specifically for adoption news, but I think a blog about every day life looks like fun.

Tonight our 6 year old daughter just lost her first tooth. After the initial shock of seeing BLOOD!!! She decided that the new gap in her mouth is pretty cool. She had bitten down on a stuffed animal (why?? I don't know) and Shane decided to take it from her. The result-her tooth gave way. It was ready to come out anyhow. Shane just helped it along a little.

I have 500 little bean bags to sew up in the next two weeks. That equals $250. Is 500 bags worth $250. Well, with a left over Christmas balance on our credit card I guess it has to be. I have been taking it easy for the past couple of months and enjoying every minute of it. Now it's time to get started on the not so enjoyable things in life. At least I don't despise sewing bean bags. I could be cleaning houses for other people. That is work I would despise.

Jeremy's parents new house is weeks away from being finished. As soon as they move out of the old place I'm going to start fixing it up for us. I'm hoping we can get moved into it before we travel to get Lexi. I want to do a lot of painting, replace some windows, add a shower/tub to the main bathroom and replace all the carpets. The main bathroom has only a stall shower, and the master bath has a stall shower and a jacuzzi tub. I definitely want a regular tub for bathing the children in.

Lexi's paperwork made it all the way back to the International Adoption Department in Vietnam. Now we need for them to approve it all and send it back to her province. Vietnam is getting things done a lot faster than USA. We are still waiting on United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to acknowledge that we sent them a form asking for visa approval. It was sent a month ago. As of today they still have not even started processing our request. Good Grief! I don't even let my junk mail set around that long, let alone the mail that matters!

1 comment:

lyndie said...

hi. was glad to spot that you have a blogspot. i linked it to mine. hope you don't mind. :)
looks like i'm leaving your first comment too! woohoo!