Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shane II

I forgot to mention in my previous post some very important declarations made by young Mr. Benedict.
Just in case you are reading this and don't have previous knowledge of Jeremy's unwavering devotion to Penn State, I will say it has deep roots. So what I am about to write was a very BIG deal within our household. At the supper table one evening a couple weeks ago I told Shane that if he could get good enough at wrestling and if he continued doing it through high school he could get a scholarship to college. Then Jeremy chimed in with how good PSU's wrestling program is. At this point Shane interrupts to ask just where Penn State is. Well Pennsylvania of course. Shane gave Jeremy a sort of confused look and said " Well I'm not going to Penn State then. I'm going to Ohio State duhh!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
"GASP"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
CHOKE
.
.
.
.
.

.

SWALLOW
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
SPUTTER
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"BUT"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"BUT!!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!"
and the shock set in. Oh where, oh where did he go wrong. Actually These are just Jeremy's reactions. I on the other hand had the best abs work out of the year due to the laughter. Honestly though I never coached Shane on this. Since this momentous event the shock has worn off and reality has started to set in. Jeremy has even conceded that if Shane actually got so good the he was offered a scholarship to OSU that he would put on the scarlet and gray and cheer his loudest at all the meets. Except when Shane would be wrestling the PSU kid then he's just not sure!!

I also wanted to link a few of Shane's wrestling match videos here so...

against Covington

against Bath

round 1 against Aaron Wallers

round 2 against A.W.

and round 3 against A.W.

1 comment:

lyndie said...

i just discovered that you're blogging again. yays! :D